Nick started blueink Structural Design Ltd mid 2014 to provide quality engineering solutions with high levels of detail, as Structural Engineering is his passion. He is responsible for overseeing the whole project from start to finish giving that high quality personal service, communicating with clients every step of the way throughout the project. Nick has a diverse role in blueink Structural Design Ltd - Meeting and liaising with clients, on-site reviews, structural design, report writing, analysis, calculations, specifications writing, managing the business and producing quality information to our clients.
Director & Structural Engineer
Nick Searle is a Chartered Professional Structural Engineer with 27 years experience in structural design and analysis. Designing structures for commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural sectors. Experienced in:- Engineering project management, Multi storey seismic design, bridge design, earth retaining structures, steel framed buildings, concrete framed buildings, large timber framed structures, seismic strengthening of existing buildings, in-situ flat plate concrete suspended floor slabs, dynamic non-linear analysis, finite element analysis.
Nicks Work with SESOC
Finance & Administration Manager
Pippa has been with the company since the beginning and contributed to its inception. She is a shareholder and is part of the senior management team. Her role as Finance and Administration Manager entails a hands on role in the business, liaising with clients and day to day running of the business. Pippa has many years experience in finance and front office management.
We also have Geotechnical Engineers, Fire Engineers, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Building and Land Surveyors, Project Managers, Administrators, Architects, Draughtspersons that we work closely with and can arrange for their services on your behalf to give you a hassle & stress free seamless design from start to finish of the whole project.
- Geotechnical Reports. We work very closely with specific Chartered Geotechnical Engineers CPEng (Geotec) and can arrange for them to provide you with a proposal directly. Their work and ours ties in together to give you a seamless code compliant solution, using Engineers that have the correct practice area & discipline for their field of expertise.
- Fire Reports. To compliment our structural design we also work closely with a number of consultants who can carryout fire reports to either the Acceptable Solutions of NZBC Part C or others who can carry out Specific Fire Design including full burnout fire design to assess the required Fire Resistance Rating (FRR) in the building. Their work and ours ties in together to give you a seamless code compliant solution we can arrange for them to provide you with a proposal directly.
- Civil Engineers. Design of stormwater, greywater, water reticulation systems, septic systems, water storage, subdivision roading, large car parking, services etc.
- Mechanical Engineers. Inspection certifying and design of cranes and elevating work platforms (EWPs) with specific Chartered Mechanical Engineers CPEng.
- Building and Land Surveyors. Land surveying, legal boundaries, cut and fill volumes, laser 3D scans of existing buildings, site levels etc.
- Project Managers of the whole project to NZS3910 Conditions of Contract or other contract standards. Building Consent applications and management of the process (initial vetting of the application, submission, following up, answering Council queries, overall management of the process, follow ups with the design team) to ensure the Consent Application is approved as fast and stress free as possible.
- Whole building reports, for defects or pre-purchase reports.
- Architectural drafting services for Building Consent or fabrication of off site elements, such as Steel, precast concrete etc.
Memberships & Affiliations
Engineering New Zealand
NZ Society for Earthquake Engineering (NZSEE)
Structural Engineering Society of New Zealand (SESOC)
Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
NZ Timber Design Society Incorporated
New Zealand Concrete Society (NZCS)
Steel Construction New Zealand
Cement & Concrete Association of New Zealand